3 Years On The Journey

I have been busy this year on a number of projects and events. I thought I would write a quick blog post as today marks a milestone on this blog. It is three years since I set up this blog and my Twitter account.

This year has been quieter on the blogging front but those who follow on Twitter definitely know that I have been out and about! I've been focusing more on my MixCloud DJ mixes this year because, as many know, Drum'n'Bass and Dubstep are smashing it up at the moment (especially with DJ Fresh's Louder getting to number 1!).


During this year, we have witnessed regime changes in the Middle East and riots here in the UK. Social Media played a part in these events and it is now safe to say that Social Media has firmly established itself globally and become mainstream.

Companies now favour putting links to their Facebook and Twitter than bog-standard links to a static website. In the midst of an economic crisis Social Media continues to grow and flourish encouraging people across to collaborate.

In the last year or so I have several ups and downs. Unfortunately, I have encountered some quite 'motivated' haters around and about. My message to them is that NiteGlow has always been about shining bright and carrying on in the face of these challenges. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger they say!

Having said that there has definitely been more ups and than downs. I am continuing to meet and work with some excellent and inspirational people. For instance the TEDxBristol event last month was a landmark event in Bristol and it was great to be involved in the Social Media, PR and event organisation.

In the coming year, I want to give this blog a revamp so expect some changes! I will also be getting involved in more local events and community projects. There will be more DJ Mixes going up on my MixCloud page as well new tunes on the SoundCloud page.

In short plenty more to come so roll on next year! Remember you can always catch me on Twitter!